Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Scribbled: Last Call Cafe

I've taken on a couple of projects since the start of the year. My short story, A Rubbed Out Sky, is on Plural Online Journal's first issue. I wrote another short story, a YA one this time, for the #LunaEast project, which is a collection of short stories about a fictional high school in Manila. I also helped edit the second BLush Anthology called Secrets & Confessions, which was released at the BLush Con last May 3.

A few months ago, I picked up my pen and started writing a new novella, pretty much inspired by one of my sisters' childhood friends. Even though they hadn't seen each other in over twenty years, all anyone seemed to talk about was how he and my sister played together. It sparked an idea and gave me another opportunity to write about small towns, which I love doing. I've already shared the .pdf file of the first two chapters on Twitter but thought that I should also upload to Scribd to give my work-in-progress a more (semi-) permanent home while I finish writing. (Also, this looked like a good way to force myself to finish; I have all of you to remind me, right?)

I hope you'll enjoy reading it!

Last Call Cafe





2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know this already lol but again, I'm excited for this!! <3

dementedchris said...

@Luna Cassandra

Thank you! I'm really glad :)