My reading resolution this year will be simple. Here are some books that, for one reason or another, I've put off reading. This 2014, I'll try not to let my excuses get the better of me:
1. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami - My main excuse for not reading this book sooner was that the family's copy was at my cousin's apartment and it seemed redundant to have another copy of a book that took up a lot of space! I wasn't eager to read an ebook copy of a Murakami book, but I vow that this will be the year for me to finally pick it up when I'm in Katipunan.
2. The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo - I've heard nothing but good reviews about this book. A fantastical take on an Asian historical tale. Sold.
3. The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken by Tarquin Hall - I must have the print edition of this one, since I already have the first two. A digital version won't do at all.
4. The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch - I was a fan of his Gentleman Bastards Sequence, but it's been a while since I read the last story. I want to reread the first two books before I attack this latest one, which was released just last year.
5. The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway - A time-travel story with both adventure and romance.
6. Errantry by Elizabeth Hand - Ms Hand is one of my favorite authors but I have yet to read her collection of short stories.
7. A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki - Shortlisted for the Booker Prize, this novel has been on my TBR list for a while now. Just never found the time.
8. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray - The first book made me shiver in delicious horror and I'm looking forward to the next installment in the Diviners series.
9. At the Mouth of the River of Bees by Kij Johnson - I sampled this on Kindle and I just love what I've read so far. But I've been putting off buying a copy since I'm watching my credit purchases. If I can find a copy at Fully Booked, I'm grabbing it right away.
10. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker - It's been on my wish list for a while now but I just keep on setting it aside in favor of other books. I hope this year I'll stick to my guns and read it.