My book list, in no particular order:
1. The Ghost Bride (Yangsze Choo)
2. Snapshot (Angie Stanton)
3. Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Denise Grover Swank)
4. Forget Me Not (Addie Lynn Co)
5. Frozen Heat (Richard Castle)
6. Tokyo Heist (Diana Renn)
7. Kids These Days (Luna East authors)
8. Staking His Claim (Tessa Bailey)
9. Temporarily Yours (Diane Alberts)
10. Dirty Trick (Christine Bell)
11. The Love Detective (Alexandra Potter)
12. The Ghost Writer (John Harwood)
13. The Year of the Gadfly (Jennifer Miller)
14. Blossoms and Shadows (Lian Hearn)
15. Blast from Two Pasts (Kristel Villar)
I'm trying to remember if there's anything I have missed so far. It feels like such a short list to me, compared to my reading progress a few years ago.
Books by female authors: 12/15 (+ one female-dominated anthology)
Books by male authors: 2/15
Books by Filipino authors: 2/15 (+ one local anthology)
• Noting here that Yangsze Choo is Malaysian-Chinese, Alex Potter is British, and Lian Hearn and John Harwood are Australians, but I still think I need to read more diverse people. Love Detective is set in India, while Tokyo Heist and Blossoms and Shadows are set in Japan.
There have been a lot of romances on my list so far and not enough fantasies or mysteries. I also have the #buqosteamyreads stories on my iPad so don't expect my romance reads to let up any time soon. I am also buddy-reading A Stranger in Olondria by Sofia Samatar but I'm thinking of sneaking a Perry Mason mystery in while I'm waiting for my buddy to catch up. I also have Murakami's IQ84 lined up, since it's on my reading list for 2014. Let's see if I can make more progress soon.