Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Anniversary.

Each moment gathers and thickens like awareness between the tips of fingers, explaining how the present can be plausible and lovely, even when later, returning once again to its monastery, the heart sounds the brown notes of its bell-clapper, shaves its head, lies down to sleep with the sorrow of what it will love but cannot keep. - Luisa Igloria, from The Return


Soon it will be five years since I started this blog. I thought it would be a good time to change the look into something a little more mine (in those five years, I've changed the blog look five times, but all of them relied on a pre-existing free template). Not this time though, thanks to my awesome friend, Cla who created the header and the sidebar buttons and fixed the whole look just for me. She did the photography and the calligraphy as well. :)

Five years, wow. This used to be such a private little space that only C, Camille, and Leki read. I'm glad that in those five years, I've met new people online who also enjoy the same interests I do and who have encouraged me to share more of my thoughts. If you're reading this, thank you. Have a virtual sorbet.

Days like this really make me look back on old times and old friends and how things have changed. But the present can be plausible and lovely, Luisa writes. I'll take it.

10 comments:

Monique said...

I love the new look. Very nice, clean and chic. :)

Happy anniversary, Chris' blog! ;)

dementedchris said...

Thanks, Atty Monique! :P The blog's anniv is still technically Sept 6, but I guess I like celebrating seasons and not days haha.

Cla said...

I'm happy you're happy with it :-)
Cla

Frida Fantastic said...

Beautiful template. And (soon to be) five years of blogging is impressive!

Chachic said...

Love the new layout! Oh wow, five years. Happy Blogiversary, Chris! :) Keep your reviews coming, you probably know by now that I enjoy reading them.

dementedchris said...

@Cla
You're the best :D

@Frida
Thank you. And a new chapter to be written -- thanks for that! :P

@Chachic
Who'd have thunk it? :P Thanks, Chachic. I was really blessed this year to meet you and the rest of the Filipino bloggers, at least online if not IRL. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! Five years of blogging.. Congrats and Happy Blogiversary!!!

dementedchris said...

@Blackplume
Thank you! :D

kaoko said...

Kilala ko yang sorbet na yan :P Happy Blogiversary!

At good job din kay Cla. She hasn't lost the touch :D

dementedchris said...

Anniversary din ng first gala, Kaoko :P